Frequently Asked Questions
I want professional shots, how do I begin?
- If you're new to modelling and wish to build a portfolio or just want attractive pictures for social media, check out so called TFP free photoshoots. If you need photos for commercial purposes, all you need is to pick one of the options from our Pricing page and then book a time. We'll take care of the rest. That's it! We recommend planning at least two weeks ahead because of availability. Ideal photo session takes 2 to 3 hours. Shorter time limits the number of outfits and scenes we can shoot, longer sessions might be unnecessarily exhausting.
- If the date and time you booked no longer works, let us know asap!
- No need to worry. Everything has to start someohow. Working with a photographer in a studio is far from being reserved only to professionals. Anyone can become a model – all it takes is willigness and positive attitude. You won't gain experience until you try!
- Time For Prints, or more lately Time For Pictures, simply means both the model and the photographer work for free. While the model volunteers their time and creativity in front of the camera, the photographer provides the equipment, venue and their time. You can use the final photographs to expand your portfolio, on your social profiles, or surprise your loved ones. Similarly can the photographer publish the photos for promoting their studio and work, for example on this site. Time for photos is predicated on mutual agreement and willigness to participate in the project. Neither party can use the photos for commerical, profit purposes unless explicitly agreed which gives you guarantee your photos won't be sold or misused. TFP is predicated on a written contract between the model and the photographer, quite often specifying privacy provisions and other agreements. More information on a dedicated TFP page.
How to get ready
- Bring several outfits, variation is the key. However, pick clothes you feel comfortable in. You want to be yourself.
- Don't forget matching shoes. Bring them separately and clean.
- Leave the big dinner or party to after the photo session, not before.
- Be on time! 5 mins before works great.
- And mainly, bring a good spirit!
- Sure. However, especially if you're starting, consider whom you're bringing. We know from experience a partner might not be the best choice. You might be better off being accompanied by your best friend or a friend who's standing in front of the camera with you. Don't worry to go alone too.
What happens on the photoshoot?
- Please come on time. By coming late you're wasting your prep time and the cutting of the time we can otherwise spending shooting photos. We review a written agreement first, that gives you peace of mind when, if and how the resulting photographs can be used by both parties.
How many and when do I get my photos?
- We typically send photos within two weeks or depending on agreemnet. The number of finished retouched photographs depends on the package you choose – see the Pricing page.
- Don't worry. Everything about who and how can use the photos is covered in the contract we review together before the session. With commercial photo packages, all usage rights are yours and you can do whatever you will, including selling the photos for profit. In the free TFP agreement, both parties can typically use the photos for promotion, non-commercial use. All sample photos shown on this site have been published with models' permissions.
- That depends on the type of agreement. With commercial photo packages, all usage rights are yours and you can do whatever you will, including selling the photos for profit. In the free TFP agreement, both parties can typically use the photos for promotion, non-commercial use.